How this will affect your organization:
If Teams meeting scheduling is enabled in the tenant and if the user has the new Teams client installed, the user will have the ability to switch between their tenants or accounts to schedule a Teams meeting through add-in in Outlook.
- This capability isn’t supported in Outlook Web or Outlook Mac yet.
- The account selected in the Teams meeting add-in dropdown in Outlook must match the signed-in accounts in Teams before a user can schedule a Teams meeting. In the event that there are no signed-in accounts in Teams, the user must sign into Teams before they can schedule a Teams meeting through the add-in.
- The account selected in the Teams meeting add-in dropdown in Outlook must match the signed-in accounts in Teams before the organizer or the co-organizer/s can access Teams meeting options of a meeting invite from Outlook.
- Copying and pasting the meeting blob to a different message body will result in a broken scheduling experience. The user must schedule a new Teams meeting through the addin.
- If the user has multiple scheduling windows opened in Outlook, we will honour the account selected in the Teams meeting add-in dropdown in Outlook.
- If the user accidentally used the wrong account to schedule the Teams meeting, they must use Don’t Host Online ribbon to remove the existing meeting coordinates. Deleting the meeting coordinates will result in a broken scheduling experience.
What you need to do to prepare:
There is nothing you need to do to prepare.